About Equine facilitated psychotherapy
The EFP experience of being with the horses gives you an opportunity to gain insights about yourself. Contact us if you are looking to find peace, balance and clarity and make changes in your life. This therapy is facilitated by a team which includes a clinician, equine specialist and a thoughtful, sensitive horse.
Our unique combination of eastern and western healing modalities creates an eclectic approach to experiential Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy. We incorporate, as needed and appropriate, traditional talk therapy, EMDR, yoga and energy work, during the sessions with our horses.
- Experience and achieve emotional awareness.
- Create a connection with the natural world, while experiencing support and gaining empowerment.
- Learn to navigate difficult life transitions.
- Gain personal insight and clarity through the connection with the horse.
- Opportunity to learn and practice new behaviors which can be transferred into real changes in your life.
Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy, EFP, works for individuals, couples or families, in a safe, non-judgmental environment. Horses act as a catalyst for change. Establishing relationships with the horses mirrors relationships in their lives. Interactions with the horses become metaphors for real life experiences, emotions or issues which need to change.
Your experience may include both ground and mounted sessions. Horse experience is not necessary.
Christa Schorn, LCSW for more information. 516-768-7127 or email email@example.com